VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I had a paper jam and now it won't print at all - I have

Customer Question

I had a paper jam and now it won't print at all - I have unplugged turned off, etc. cannot get rid of the error
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WF2650 - and between 1-2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since just after the jam - a couple of months ago - I keep trying but get the error
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Has a Jam occurred before? Can you see any debris at all in the Printer?

Follow the steps below:

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next, remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using Q-tips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release