Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

When I'm trying to print, the paper gets jammed inside the

Customer Question

When I'm trying to print, the paper gets jammed inside the printer. I try to remove it, there is a lot of black ink on it. I thought I cleared all the paper and try to print again, but it gets jammed again inside. By the way, all cartridges have a red steady light on. Thank you for your help.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's Canon MX920. I got it last year.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC (HP pavilion) Windows...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I never had an issue till today. I was printing a piece of paper which had some images on it, and suddenly I heard it getting jammed.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

It seems from your description that, the waste ink absorber is overflowing or the black cartridge has a leakage. That is why you see the black ink on the jammed paper. Please follow the steps from the link below to clean the feed rollers and let me know, if you are able to complete the job or not?

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143819&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1483387274393

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your answer. unfortunately I can't use your suggestion yet, because there is still some paper jammed far inside the printer (under a white plastic part in the back and I've been unable to remove it.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

OK, no problem. You can check the link below, where you will find all the ways to clear jammed paper. Please let me know, if this help or not?

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143170&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1483389287457