Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Printer is fine but responds very slowly to my macbook pro.

Customer Question

Printer is fine but responds very slowly to my macbook pro. While Im checking on line for a solution, it suddenly prints
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Laserjet P1102w
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacbookPro OS El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I've just used it and it printed with this delay. Used it last night: same slow response. The orange alert button on the printer is flashing
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Everything is OK except the long delay when the printer finally prints. And the flashing (!)Alert light is fashing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This has been a waste of my time. I suppose you have my $ and personal info. I have nothing in return. I gave you my email address and you didn't accept it because you say it has been used before. Then you won't accept my password. Your site is flawed. Thanks for nothing. My rating for you: 0
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

You will not be charged anything without the issue resolved. Not to worry about that.

Have you tried resetting the printing system and adding the printer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>