Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a WF-3640 all in one printer it started blury

Customer Question

I have a WF-3640 all in one printer it started blury printing on the black. I did a test page and color lines look fine but black has lots of skips. I did head cleaning several times, the black test lines look better but never totally fixed. In normal mode or high quality printing mode it's smeared or skips black.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Is there something else I can do or is it time for another printer.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Its a Work Force WF-3640 probably a couple of years old, running windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Slowly got worse. At first cleaning the black print heads seemed it fix it, lately it doesn't help much
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Need to know if there is anything else i can clean or fix, it has new Epson cartriges,didn't seem to make any difference
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no difference, also re cleaned the print head, time for a new one
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
didn't help what next
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

I would suggest you try cleaning the printhead at least three times. Follow the instructions in the link below.

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39368/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/wf3620_7620/cleaning_head_lcd_wf3620_7620.html

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you try replacing the cartridge. And if the issue persists even after replacing the cartrdige with anew one, the issue is with the printhead itself.

Thank you.

Customer/p>