John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I purchase my printer less then a year ago. It has only

Customer Question

i purchase my printer less then a year ago. It has only worked one time. I called the other day and was transferred to Geek world who took 180.00 dollars from me. I have had three HP printers I have smashed two of them. I just need to print documents.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8 months office jet 3830
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't used it because it's un reliable. I signed up for the ink package and am told that since my credit card changed you people shut down my printer. which, is technically theft, or extortion.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: IT'S NOT PRINTING, IT'S NOT DOING ANYTHING!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a Mac I have already been ripped off for the price of the printer and 180.00 from geek world. I just want it to print this is criminal.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are not getting anymore money from me.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want my 180 dollars back. I will sue and I will win.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have had three HP's they all have lasted less then a year.

You are not connected to Geek World. This is Just Answer, an independent information services and technical support website. You need to contact the company which charged you for services that you did not want or receive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you help me with my printer or not.

I can help you. There is a nominal charge for our services, and you only pay when you are satisfied that your problem has been solved.