John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It keeps going offline, Photosmart 7520. About two years,

Customer Question

It keeps going offline
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Photosmart 7520. About two years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10. Lenovo ThinkPad. The computer is new, but I had the same problem with my old computer. It worked for a year or two, but it has done this for several months.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just reset the printer. I was on the Internet looking for a solution. I was looking at a site called just answer printers.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will this cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Is it guaranteed? I have been to a lot of pages already.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am using Windows 10.
However, I asked for, and received, a new modem/router from Frontier. It solved the problem with the printer dropping offline.