John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am connected to wi fi and suddenly the printer will not

Customer Question

I am connected to wi fi and suddenly the printer will not print from my Mac. prints out The wireless Quick start guide
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It was bought in June 2016 but was only used recently from 2 months
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was printing normally until a few days ago and I was pleased with it.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The print jobs just stack up on the picture of the computer. I suddenly realised I had about 10 non prints
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Let's try the easiest possible solutions first. Please restart your computer. While you are waiting for it to boot back up, please unplug power form the printer. Wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Log back in to your computer and try to print after the printer indicates that it is ready. Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dear *****,
Thank you ....I thought that I was connected to HP Printers. Do you work for them or is this just another online transfer thing.
After paying 5$ they then wanted 23? What is this site?
Sorry your instruction did not work.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am independent contractor for JustAnswer.com. I do not work for HP. I'm sorry that didn't work for you. Since you purchased your printer in June of 2016, it should still be under warranty. If it is a hardware issue with the printer itself that is causing the problems, HP should replace it for you. However, it the problem is with your computer, and not with the printer itself, they probably won't be able to help you. You may want to contact them first, to see what they're willing to do. If they are unwilling or unable to help, please return here so I can help you.

Please click on the following link to go directly to the HP support site where you can choose your printer and try to get help. We do of course have to charge for our services, otherwise we wouldn't be able to stay in business, so I encourage you to try Hp first to see if the can help. If not, please let me know and I will help. Have a great day!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/products