John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 -- the icons on the screen

Customer Question

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 -- the icons on the screen are very light and it won't print.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's probably 3 years old.I'm unable to find the model #.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: The model # is SNPRC-1101-01. Printing from a PC. Windows 7.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just started today.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else thanx
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

My sympathies with the problem... it does not sound good, to be quite honest. Not hopeful of an easy and quick fix.

Does turning it Off help? for like 20 minutes or longer, before turning it On again?

And, try at least once, unplugging it from power (and any other cable to it, for the interval) for about 20 minutes or longer, and observe whether it even temporarily recovers full and normal function.... ?