Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

XP-850 printer and a notice popped up that says I should

Customer Question

XP-850 printer and a notice popped up that says I should contact Epson because the ink pad is at the end pf it's life. Is there a replacement part?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have had it about four/five years. It is an XP-850.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Not hooked up to computer just printing using machine hook up to electric plug.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened last night
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Your printer has an ink absorber which takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning operation. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is almost full / completely full. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.
The waste ink pad has become full and needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright. You will have to order new waste ink pads from EPSON and replace accordingly to get everything back to alright.
Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Its not recommended for users to replace the waste ink absorber tank.
If you want you can also take the help of a local printer repair shop to replace it at a less cost.
If you want to repair it in local repair shop; I can give you the contact of a local printer repair shop near your area, if you tell me your city name.
If you want to replace it on your own then let me know.

Please let me know what you want to do.