John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Purchase MfC-J480DW the problem is cannot detect ink I know

Customer Question

purchase MfC-J480DW the problem is cannot detect ink I know the cartridge are in correctly
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: the ones that came with the printer
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: right away
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just want to know why my ink is not being detected
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Please try this and let me know how this goes for you :-

1. Open the ink cartridge cover door.
  2. Push the 4 coloured levers down and remove the ink cartridges from the machine.

3. Check that the machine power is turned ON and install the ink cartridges. If the machine is powered-off, it cannot detect when the ink cartridges are installed.
  4. Each colour has its own correct position - match the colour of the cartridges with the colour of the levers. Reinstall the ink cartridges one at a time. Install the cartridges slowly, in the direction of the arrow on the label until it clicks into place. Continue with the next ink cartridge.

5. After all four cartridges are installed close the ink cartridge cover.
  6. If you replaced an ink cartridge, the LCD may ask you to verify that it was a brand new one. For example, Did You Change Black? For each new cartridge you installed, choose Yes. If the ink cartridge you installed is not a brand new one, be sure to choose No.