John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Ipad doesn't recognize my HP printer The printer says it

Customer Question

my Ipad doesn't recognize my HP printer The printer says it is hooked up (wireless) and working fine
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 2 years old, HP photosmart 7520... was working last week
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: iPad...just ran a wireless network test and everything passed
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it "can't find "can't find" an air printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I am pleased that I have the opportunity to assist you. If you will give me a few moments to review your problem, I will provide an answer ASAP.

Please select the Wireless icon on your printer. Select Wireless Direct and set it to enabled. Then, on your iPad, go to Settings > Wireless and select the Wireless Direct SSID with the Photosmart 7520 within its name. Allow 2-3 minutes for the connection to initialize and try printing. Please let me know what happens.