John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have recently purchased an hp printer but for some reason

Customer Question

I have recently purchased an hp printer but for some reason the print commands do not actually make it to the printer. Printer is listed
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: brand new...just purchased...hpdeskjet3630 all in one series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: laptop...windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We had just installed the new printer...it is a wireless printer and all indications are that the installation was successful but it wont print when the command is issued from compyter
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really ..just wondering if firewall could stop print commands from reaching printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when printing?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,