crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

Just replaced cartridges. Paper started jamming. now printer

Customer Question

just replaced cartridges. Paper started jamming. now printer says head alignment recommended. Paper will feed properly now, but no printing.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: canon pixma mx472
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: was out of ink. had been working great. just replaced cartridges had several paper jams, and now it feeds properly but no printing.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'm getting a message on the printer that head alignment is recommended. How do i do this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

1. Make sure that the power is turned on.

2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray.

3. Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.

4. Print the print head alignment sheet.

1. Press the Setup button.

The Setup menu screen will appear.

2. Use the or button to select Maintenance, then press the OK button.

3. Use the or button to select Head alignment, then press the OK button.

The print head alignment sheet will be printed.

Important

• Do not touch any printed part on the print head alignment sheet. If the sheet is stained or wrinkled, it may not be scanned properly.
      • If the print head alignment sheet was not printed correctly, press the Stop button, then redo this procedure from the beginning.

Scan the print head alignment sheet to adjust the print head position.

1. Confirm the message, then load the print head alignment sheet on the platen glass.

Load the print head alignment sheet WITH THE PRINTED SIDE FACING DOWN and align the mark on the bottom right corner of the sheet with the alignment mark .

Note

• The print head alignment sheet cannot be scanned if it is loaded in the ADF (Auto Document Feeder).
  2. Close the document cover gently, then press the Color or Black button.

The machine starts scanning the print head alignment sheet, and the print head position will be adjusted automatically.

When adjusting the print head position is complete, remove the print head alignment sheet on the platen glass.

Important

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Happy New Year!

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.