Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Printer 6500 d0es not print says out of paper, officejet

Customer Question

printer 6500 d0es not print says out of paper
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: officejet 6500 four years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: i have HP pavilion p6-2310pc it was printing real good than it just quit and all it does now it says out of paper
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: around two -three months we had tried to use it but no go.Do i have to buy a new one
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: first of all is it going to be expensive or is better to buy another printer
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction or paper jam to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.
Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. NNext take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.
Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.