Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have just ran out off the BK ink cartridge at times before

Customer Question

Hi I have just ran out off the BK ink cartridge at times before I received a message that I could use the ink in the PBK cartridge can you help me do that now???
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson XP810 using Epson cartridge #273
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and running Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Is telling me to install new cartridge in BK, I do have a full cartridge in PBK
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No except unfortunately I'm in the middle of a project and of course my spare is already used.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All thou I really do appreciate your help and I have already sent in $5 to get the answer to my issue, you seem to have a very high pressure sales pitch that is not appreciated and I would think from a large company with I thought a very good rep. would do such.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
much for the customer service from Epson.....the time set on this page indicates that this has taken about 10 minutes, NOT taking into consideration the time I have spent running through all of the advertizing after stating my issue.
Poor very poor .... I will spread the word.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

that is an automatic prompt when the black ink is low. It allows you to use the photo black ink instead

there is no way to set it that way though. You need to answer yes to the pop up.

i would suggest turning off the printer cancelling any job in the queue

then restart the printer and resubmit the job and you should get the prompt again

the prompt has 3 possible answers however.

1 yes use the pbk ink

2. no do not use the pbk ink

3. disable this feature.

If you chose 3 then you will not be able to get the prompt back and you will not be able to use the feature again until you replace the cartridge and it runs low again.