John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a HP LaserJet Pro CP 1020nw printer. I bought it so I

Customer Question

I have a HP LaserJet Pro CP 1020nw printer. I bought it so I could print from myiPad. I have been able to print from the iPad, but now I get the message "no internet connection". I can set WiFi to this printer in Settings. I have rebooted the wireless modem by unplugging it for 10 seconds, then plugging it in again. All the lights seem to be on on the Modem, and the printer is turned on.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm not sure. I've had it for 2 or 3 years. Hope that helps. Bob
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Well I did configure it to work with my PC. But That is turned off because it got locked by Scammers earlier this week. I bought the printer so I could print from my iPad, and I have been able to in the past. Today, I'm doing everything on my iPad. I awaiting delivery of a new iMac.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have not been able to print from this printer for a month or so.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so, I just would like to have the printer start printing again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The no internet connection message, you get this on the iPad correct? Not on the printer?