cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have worked on printers at my job for over 7 years.
20109878

Second opinion] - I've recently replaced my ink cartridges

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I've recently replaced my ink cartridges and my black ink will not work. I've run troubleshooting, I've tried to clean the nozzles, turned it on/off, took it out and put it back in, etc. I've done just about everything, including unistalling and re-installing. I've not had previous problems, so this is problematic. I can, however print in color.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson wf-2530
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I've been troubleshooting for the past week, when I have time to mess with it. I don't like to lose to technology. Lol. Nothing happened right before this that I'm aware of
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Apologies, I see I have already answered this; let me check if another tech has anything to add.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried cleaning the print head (it would have to taken out and then cleaned) and put back together. Beware that it is time consuming and if you don't do it right it could mess up your printer.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 month ago.

removed only the black ink cartridge.
removed any bits of plastic from the position where the aftermarket cartridges seal over the ink intake hole using hemostats or tweezers.
use Q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol to swab the alcohol over the ink pickup holes of the printer.
use an air compressor with a blow nozzle to blow out all of the dust.
reinstalled the ink cartridge and ran the head cleaning cycle

Also see if that works.