John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can't copy on the 11x17 inch paper ,get message The paper

Customer Question

I can't copy on the 11x17 inch paper ,get message The paper source setting invalid - touch detail . Detail says that 11x17 inch paper accepted , tried everything
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WF 7610 - bought few weeks ago
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am trying to copy a color photo on 11x17 inch paper , that is why I bought this printer. I managed several time to print this size before on similar settings.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue from the beginning ,but several times I managed somehow to fool the software I guess, very frustrating.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also tried to copy from a Mac but nothing happened and later on it was OK.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me, what is the paper source set to ? in point of size, and also of location.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
11x17 inch ,plain paper ,I just managed to print it but on border setting not borderless.So I think I am OK. Thanks for answering.

So turning on bordered printing did OK? interesting - thanks for mentioning it.

And thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.