John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can print but it wont scan to file anymore just suddenly

Customer Question

I can print but it wont scan to file anymore just suddenly stopped doing it over night
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: brother mfc j6520dw 1 year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just started and nothing happened, i turned it on this morning and tried to scan documents to file the same as i was doing yesterdat
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

If you open the Brother / ControlCenter program on your computer, does it let you scan?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when i press scan to file on the printer lcd screen it just says connecting to PC and nothing happens
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
control centre recognises the printer but wont let me scan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It says it cannot be found when even though its clearly already found it. For instance if i disconnect the printer the control centre screen shows it offline

What's the error or message when using the ContolCenter?

Does it let you choose the printer name on the list at the top in the ControlCenter program?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it lets me choose the printer. Its the only choice there. Error msg says its cant be found cc4-202-00000008
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If i go into control centre and into the printer i can click on scan a document and that works, but it only scans to a photo
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not to the file in pdf format as all the other times

Select other option in the ControlCenter program. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no other option

Do you see Image option and File option in the ControlCenter program?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it doesnt recognise any of them when i click on them and hit scan

Sorry, is the printer wireless? Or is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable?

Can you uninstall / reinstall the Brother program? Or if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the scanning issue directly for you. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Its connected via usb cable. No i dont want a remote connection

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and scanning issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

- Have you tried to do a system restore, and check?

- And/or have you tried to uninstall the Brother program, then restart, then reinstall it, and check?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Thank you,