John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am getting a horizontal line when I scan documents on my

Customer Question

I am getting a horizontal line when I scan documents on my Epson Workforce 645 printer. It does happen when I just copy. Only when I scan a document. What can I do
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 6 yrs old. Epson Workforce 645 4 in 1 printer/copier/scanner/fax
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Well its been a few months now. I don't recall anything significant happening before it starting doing this.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Two questions please:

(A) Does the line appear when you run a scan through the feeder on top of the Epson Workforce?

(B) And, when you make a one-page photocopy, laid face-down on the glass sheet, does it have a line on it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A. Yes
B. No, it does not appear on the glass if I make a copy or if i place in top to make copies
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im waiting on your response. I do not want you to connect to my computer and I'm not paying $39

You don't have to connect to my computer, nor do I - this is not that sort of problem, I don't think.

Let me please clarify: a photocopy (not a scan) has no line when fed through the top feeder, is that correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have solved my own problem. I would like a refund because I can't make this any simpler for you. I have fixed the issue thru Tube. Refund my $18 or I will call my credit card company and cancel the charges. Thank you. ***** *****

I might have offered a solution, but if you have reached one on your own by now, well and good.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

*****@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.