John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer stopped printing

Customer Question

My printer stopped printing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

How did the problem begin? What happens when you try to print?

Also, is the computer a windows computer or a MAc?

I would suggest starting with the HP print doctor.

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

NOTE:

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You referred me to print doctor which was no help whatsoever. There I was invited to spend $65.00 on another expert which I decided against. Your advice was pointless. If I had felt confident with print doctor I could have fixed the problem without your help. If you want to help you have to make yourself available to help which you did not. My printer still does not work.
Thanks for nothing. I wouldn't trust you anywhere near my printer.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 months ago.

Why do you feel the need to be so disrespectful? You don't know me.

The site with printdoctor is the HP site. Print Doctor is software. There is no other human involved.

Maybe you can tell me exactly what you are expecting, rather than insulting me.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Are you connecting the printer to a USB port in your computer? Or is it wireless?

If you are connecting it to the computer please try connecting it to a different USB port and restart Windows.

Please let me know how it goes clicking REPLY.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi John. I have no intention of using your, "service". If I can get all the answers I need from an HP website why should I pay you for pointing me at their website. I am not being disrespectful to Michael but his attitude is disrespectful to me. I want nothing more to do with him, you, or the, "service", you offer.