John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I put new ink and it is showing a E and won't scan, It is a

Customer Question

I put new ink and it is showing a E and won't scan
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a canon pixma
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mg3222
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was running it wireless no computer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Expert:  JKalman replied 11 days ago.

You have to use the down arrow to scroll through the error code. E is just the first letter. It is followed by two numbers. Please give me the full code, so that I can determine the nature of the problem. You should also have a four digit error code on your computer screen. Are you using a pc or a mac?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I was going to scan a bill to mail off but I could not get it to scan do I have to have it hook up to a computer
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 days ago.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to scan the bill to print a copy? In other words, are you only using your machine as a copier rather than a printer? Scanning and copying are two different things. Scanning is for storing a copy of a document in a computer. You need to have a connection to the computer for this and you also have to install printer software. You do not need a computer to use the machine as a copier, to print copies of a document.

However, you do need to determine what error the E indicates by scrolling the additional characters through the single digit display using the down arrow key. Please give me the full three-digit error code, so that I can advise you haw to resolve the copier problem.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I.just need to.copy and i dont now what code you are adking for
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 days ago.

You said in your question that there was an E showing on the printer display. The letter E is the first character of an error code. You need to display the next two characters, which are numbers. I have explained that the way to do that is to use the down arrow key.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I got it to work thank
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 days ago.

Okay. Good. I am glad that you have solved your problem.