John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

New Brother printer is not connecting with computer.

Customer Question

New Brother printer is not connecting with computer. Computer still recognizes old Brother printer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: New printer is LC203 (November 2016). Old printer was purchased in 2012.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Microsoft 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Printer started cleaning and would not stop. Turned it off to make it stop. Was able to make prints with it by putting copies directly on screen - not thru computer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure printer has ever connected with computer yet.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.