Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I replaced the black cartridge this morning and now the

Customer Question

I replaced the black cartridge this morning and now the printer prints only a blank page. I can copy a document and it will print, but in a sort of gray scale color instead of dark black. No changes have been made in the connection to the computer, which is a cable.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Pima MX920
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The printing was weak and the window came up saying to replace the small black cartridge.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of now.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 days ago.

As you getting a gray scale printing, it means the printer is using color cartridges to make the black color, instead of the black ink. Can you check the ink level and let me know, if the black ink level is showing correctly or not ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Shows full.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Tried to print pri ted two random words correctly
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Both words printed were underlined on document
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** have not mentioned anything about trying printhead cleaning, I will recommend you to clean the printhead first and check the result, if the problem persists then, try deep cleaning and check the result again. If the problem persists then, you have to manually clean the printhead. I will give you the instructions later.

Printhead cleaning instructions.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143427&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1480375747502

Deep cleaning instructions.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143803&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1480375747502