John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It's my scanner and I keep getting the error "an error

Customer Question

it's my scanner and I keep getting the error "an error occurred while communicating with the scanner (-9923). I have successfully scanned a few minutes ago but not with out a lot of coaxing. Now it won't scan at all
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon MG6220
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been intermittent for a while. Fortunately I don't do that much scanning. It says it's waiting for the scanner then it does the overview and that pops up then goes away and say an error occurred
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's about it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I ask how the scanner is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason