Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus Keeps aligning before each print

Customer Question

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus
Keeps aligning before each print job and won't stop.
The alignment is sucking down my ink which is new.
I have replaced the printer heads 9/6/16.
I've followed all of the instructions to stop this.
Nothing is working.
Skeeter Gurzick
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist!

It sounds like there is an error with the alignment, which could be caused by clogged ink heads. Remove the cartridges, and clean the metal leads on the cartridges and the print head (the carrier they plug into) with a cloth or paper towel lightly dabbed with rubbing (ethyl) alcohol.

This should unclog the cartridges. Then try a realignment through the HP software.

If that doesn't work, turn off the machine. Then manually move the print head (cradle the cartridges are in) back and forth three of four times. Then leave it in the middle of the bar it slides across. Then turn the machine back on. It should detect the print head in the middle and check for any problems.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Printer heads are new. As were ink cartridges but aligning & cleaning heads have used up. I tried your suggestions. Did not work.
Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 5 days ago.

Ok, give this a try:

Unplug the printer, let it stand for 30 seconds or more, then plug it back in. While it was going thru the cleaning and aligning printheads loop again , hold down the * key for 10 seconds, then release it,

If that doesn't work, try the instructions in this video and see if it helps resolve the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jeBbsvU6rA

Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 2 days ago.

Is there anything further I can assist you with?

Also, please rate my performance (the stars at the top) for feedback that goes to my supervisor on how well I performed for you. Thank you for your time!