John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

In trying to print labels, get error light on printer -- no

Customer Question

In trying to print labels, get error light on printer -- no other message.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Brother HL 2270 DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since yesterday, printing OK previously. I was printing Avery address labels. First sheet printed OK. Next one kept getting error light.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 7 days ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

The best option will be to use a screen connect remote session so that I can connect to your computer directly and check on this for you.

I will send you the info.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I do not want to connect, nor any free trials. What can you do for the $5?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Forget the whole thing, I'll figure it out myself. Please return my deposit.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I note that you charged my credit card $23. Please credit my account back the $23. I want no help from you, and have received none. Cancel my request, otherwise I will inform amex that this amount is in dispute.
Expert:  Alex Lako replied 7 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with your issue.

Since you were printing labels, can you check to see if you are missing any labels from the first or second printed sheets. Labels can sometime get stuck in the printer and cause a problem with printing any more sheets until they are removed.

If that is not the issue, then you will need to make sure that the correct sheet has been specified in your page settings under the printer options. Having the wrong page settings will cause paper feeding issues.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Alex

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That is not the problem. Also I had sent you two or three requests to cancel any pursuit of this issue and refund my $23 immediately.