John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Here there, it's actually with the fax component. I've

Customer Question

here there, it's actually with the fax component. I've spoken to Optus and they said i needed to contact the fax machine manufacturer. I seem to be able to neither send nor receive faxes.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: HP Office jet Pro 8600 Plus - about 18 months old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm printing from a pc (but printing is NOT the problem). I don't know what an OS is?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't received faxes for a few days but there have been several attempts that have failed. This evening i tried to send one to a correct nubmer and I was told twice that it was a disconnected number.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is all I know
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system? Your operating system only becomes important, because knowing what version of Windows you have will help me to instruct you in accessing the printer installation software. It could be Windows 7 Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or an earlier version. If you know, please let me know, because it would be helpful.

Expert:  JKalman replied 5 days ago.

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus all-in-one printer/scanner/fax machine myself, and I can help you troubleshoot and repair your hardware and software. We will begin by looking at your telephone line, connectors, and adapters. Then we will reconfigure your fax software by repeating the installation procedure. Please let me know when you are online and are ready to troubleshoot together.