John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson WF-3520. I put in a new ink cartridge and

Customer Question

I have an Epson WF-3520. I put in a new ink cartridge and received an error message code OxF1. I pulled out the new cartridge and replaced the old one but could not get rid of the error message nor could I press any other buttons on the printer. I have tried a variety of solutions, none of which have worked. I finally deleted the printer from the computer, inserted the Epson disc, and tried to reload the printer but the computer says it cannot find the printer scanner. Help. What can I do now to get my printer to work?
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What should u do next?

The reason that it cannot find the printer right now is because it is in an error state so the printer is not functioning properly right now.

This can be a fatal hardware error which can require a repair/replacement but before we go that route, let's try troubleshooting..

Click here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/415413/Epson-Workforce-Wf-3520dwf.html?page=127#manual

Follow the steps to remove the maintenance box. Once it is out, look inside the printer to make sure that you do not see any paper jams or paper stuck in there.

Insert the box back in and let me know if the issue continues

How is everything going? I have not heard back from you recently.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I could not find the maintenance box. I'm not very tech savvy so I couldn't find a way to contact you. I started over and sent an email asking for you to call me to walk me thru the process. I got no reply. I went online to a YouTube video that walked me the through the steps. The video said the problem was caused when I inserted a new ink cartridge. I followed the steps they recommended, reloaded the printer onto my computer, and now it us working. I'm sure JustAnswer helps a lot if people but I wasn't able to operate the link you sent me nor could I get back in touch with you. Thank you anyway. I sent an email to just answer telling them not to charge me

Unfortunately, we do not receive replies back through emails.

Thank you for the update.