Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My Brother MFC-255cw is not actually printing anything on

Customer Question

my Brother MFC-255cw is not actually printing anything on the paper when it tries to print. I just replaced all Ink Cartridges today. The printer has been stored for 2 years
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 days ago.

Can you tell me, what else you have tried to solve the problem, except replacing the cartridges. So, that I can skip those steps .

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ive done test print(s) for quality and alignment on the unit and when the unit ask for feed back ive answered no to all the questions. Then it goes into a cleaning mode. Ive don't this several times... Also removed and replaced each cartridge with the prompt of the unit.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** check the printer display and let me know, if you see any error code or message on it ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no error code of any sort. The printer seems to think everything is working, but nothing is printing on the paper
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for the update, it seems the nozzles are severely blocked, which is very normal for any printer, which are not used for a long time. You have to flush the printhead using printhead cleaning kit to solve the problem. You can get the kit from any local computer shop or from the link below. Please let me know, if you need any further information or help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating as that is the only way, I am compensated for my time and effort.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250ml-Printer-cleaner-cleaning-kit-for-HP-Brother-Unblock-print-head-nozzle-SALE-/332032958837?hash=item4d4eb4e175:g:ONAAAOSwKOJYK197

Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 days ago.

HI!, did you try out the steps, which I have suggested ?