John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a hp deskjet 2540 and I have a dell laptop inspiron

Customer Question

I have a hp deskjet 2540 and I have a dell laptop inspiron 15, 5000 series. I cannot print
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it about 2 months ago. the model is Intel core 13. Inspiron 15, 5000 series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I don't know the answer to that. How do I find that out?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I used this in my apartment in the city, and it worked fine. Of course, I had adifferent printer. Now I am in Florida (I'm a snowbird) and my printer is different, but I changed it on the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought perhaps the inkjet dried up, so I went out and bought new inkjets. Still not working.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Cody replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 10 days ago.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?