Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Epson Stylis Phptp 2880. Printing 11 x 44 inch banner. The

Customer Question

Epson Stylis Phptp 2880. Printing 11 x 44 inch banner. The printer stops after an inch or so of printing. The window of the printerwhen opened says "communication error". I have shut everything down unplugged power on both computer and printer. Did not correct. I printer an 8.5 x 11 sheet and it printed even while the printer window is saying "communication error" Is there some trick here?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Robert Hersey
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: At leasy 5 years model B4313 Mac iMac OS 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Its happened before. but I have been able to get a print out but then it has stopped with the " communications error message.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats pretty much it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you go into the Epson printer's setup or settings, on your computer, before sending it a 11 x 44 banner print job.

Look for a 'print directly to printer' option, and make sure it is un-checked, or disabled.

Look also, for a 'print using buffer' or 'print buffering' or similar print buffer option, and make sure it is checked, or selected, or enabled.

Then see if that cures the problem.

Let me know also, what program on the Apple computer it is, that you are using to print the 11 x 44 inch banner from. That might need some adjusting also.