crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I have a EPSON_WF_2630_Series and need to temporarily switch

Customer Question

I have a EPSON_WF_2630_Series and need to temporarily switch to using a cable instead of wireless. I disabled the WiFi connection and attached the cable but the computer cannot find the printer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a 2014 EPSON_WF_2630_Series Workforce
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS 10.11.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just tried the switch from WiFi to cable. Prior to that, in my previous home, it worked fine with WiFi.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 13 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 13 days ago.

Click here: https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-2630/s/SPT_C11CE36201?review-filter=Mac+OS+X+10.11.x

Scroll down to Downloads and click on it

Next to Drivers and Utilities Combo Package - Click on DOWNLOAD then run the downloaded program to install. Open the installed program and it will prompt you to connect the printer via USB as a setup.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 13 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 12 days ago.

I have not heard from you in a while -- If you can rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you and mark the question as helped.