Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My HP photosmart 5510 printer refuses to print anything

Customer Question

my HP photosmart 5510 printer refuses to print anything saying that I am not using an HP cartridge. I am using the correct HP cartridge, a 364, and always have done, but this started the last time I changed it and I have wasted more money buying another cartridge and the same thing happened. I am not very computer confident, can you help? Anne
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The product no. isCQ176B, model no B111a. I think I bought it about 3 years ago, but I'm not sure.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: My computer is an apple macbook pro
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't use the printer very much and it first happened about 9 months ago. I just changed the cartridge thinking that was the problem (always the correct one) but the message continued to come up.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have not tried it on colour printing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N