Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 that won't do anything. It

Customer Question

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 that won't do anything. It shows a status description of "Service required" and the Actions to take are "Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life. Contact your dealer for replacement." How can I find a reputable repair person in my are (zip code 10591) or find out how to fix this myself?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's old. the info on the back is Model B141A. Serial on the bar code is
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's on a Mac, running OS X Version 10.9.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was behaving normally, just quit. Haven't been able to use it for a couple of weeks. Now have time to address the issue, which I haven't had before.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need it to do my holiday greeting cards.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK. Thanks,
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 days ago.

The problem you are facing is generally caused due to those spares, whose life span is 3 years or more. If the printer is more than 3 years old then, repairing the printer will be very costly, because the average life of an inkjet printer is 3 years and now if you try to repair the printer yourself, you will not get the spare easily and if you send it to repair shop the cost of the repair will be more than the price of a new printer. These are true and hard facts, if you still want to repair the printer then, let me know and I will try to find a repair shop nearest to you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would like a repair shop near me.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 days ago.

Sorry for the late reply, I was searching for the repair shops, there are few repair shops in your zipcode, those who repair Epson printers, I got one number, you can call them and take an estimate.(###) ###-#### Let me know, if you need any further information otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.