Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Laser jet 2606dn, replaced the colors and the

Customer Question

I have a Laser jet 2606dn, replaced the colors and the magenta will no work.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sround 7 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pcwindows7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was out of that color for the for about 4 months, needed to have clor last week and went to Lexington KY to get at Office depot.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

When you replaced the Magenta toner, did you use a genuine HP magenta toner?

Also, did you make sure to remove all the shipping material, and shake the toner?

For good measure, lets turn the printer off.. Remove the magenta toner.. And then follow these steps thoroughly to reinstall the non working magenta toner

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02432346

Pay extra attention to step 6, to make sure you removed the shipping material and the shipping lock. Once installed if you turn the printer on and it still wont recognize the magenta toner.

Then, you either have a bad toner cartridge.. Or, you may need to go through a somewhat complicated process to clean the lenses inside the printer. If it comes to that, this guide will take you through the process

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+fix+HP+Color+LaserJet+2600n+Fading+Color/43207

If you get stuck or run into any issues, or have any questions.. Let me know.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

I havent heard back from you in a while. Did you still need help with this issue? If so, please send a reply when you can so we can continue working together.

If everything worked out, please remember to click and submit a 5star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.