John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon i450. The light is on. When it was working

Customer Question

I have a Canon i450. The green light is on. When it was working correctly, the printer cartridge carriage would run back and forth if I opened the printer. It does not do that now. The printer will not do anything when I attempt to print. I tried the reset button. The light turned yellow, then green when I hit the reset button again. When I go to Devices and Printers there is a green check mark on the printer icon and it states the printer is ready, but will not print
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, it has not done this before, It is an old printer, probably around 6 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: OK - you are talking to a senior citizen here, so bear with me. I do believe it is a PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I do not remember anything specific happening. I wanted to print something and when I tried to print, the yellow light came on and it has not printed since.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The printer icon showed up at the bottom of my screen, at first, but does not show up now. Not sure if that means anything.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please