Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Do lemark printers suppoort SMTP print, i.e. the printer is

Customer Question

Do lemark printers suppoort SMTP print, i.e. the printer is network attched and has an email address associted with it can I send an email with and attachement to that email adress foir the printer to print the attachments and\or body of the email?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Lexmark is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I am talking to a client that has a fleet across multiple sites and I do not know the models, I just want to forward an email with a PDF or fax attached for printing to the differnt devices
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC cloud based fax solution
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just a generic enquiry regarding functionality, not a curtrent issue
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 12 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

Yes, they can do that if it already has an email address associated with it. Did you try to send a test-email to that address yet? It should also print the attachment if it is in PDF format (or JPG / BMP, etc.). Just give it a try please and let me know if it works, otherwise I can also advise how to set it up correctly so that it works.

Please reply at the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Lorenz, i have not tested it as I do not currently have access to the printers or model types in question.
Is it a function of the model and if so do you have a list of the models and a description of the functionality such as what is printed, Body and attachment, body only, attachment only.
Is thre a list of supported attachment types that can be printed if submitted as email attachments, I will predominanantly be attaching tiff and PDF files.

Thanks for your message, if you could let me know which one you are going to buy, that would help a lot to give you these exact details. However, they all do pretty much the same, since they use the Epson "Cloud" for that. You just mail an email to the email address that you receive during the setup of the printer and it will just print it out, including attachments. Yes, PDF and TIFF will work just fine, also BMP, JPG and pretty much any other picture format.

Please let me know if you need additional help and I would also be very happy if you could rate my service with 3 to 5 stars at the top right of your screen and then click "Submit".

Thank you,

Lorenz

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Lorenz, I was enquiring about the Lexmark printer functionality with an SMTP email address associated directly to the device.
not going via the Epson Cloud for that which I do not believe they are utilising, so are you saying there is no direct SMTP print support without going throgh a print manager?

Sorry, I meant Lexmark of course, not Epson! If you could let me know the model you are going to buy or have bought, I can tell you that exactly, but yes, they *usually* can as described above.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry, I do not know the model.I am thinking from your answer that if they have an SMTP address configured directlly on the printer I can send the email directly to that address to achieve printing, if the model suppoorts it without a dependency a dependency on any other software/suite of software required excet that which is present on the device?