Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Printer LaserJet Pro M402n screen says "Ready" with numbers

Customer Question

Printer LaserJet Pro M402n screen says "Ready" with numbers 192.168.1.102 below but will not print. Sometimes turning off the printer and disconnecting for a few minutes works to eliminate the numbers and to begin printing. this time it did not work.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it about a month ago.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac, I don't remember the operating system. What are my choices, I will recognize the correct one.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue since about a week after I bought it but seems to be occurring more frequently. It occurred today when I attempted to print 2 copies of the same page from the center of a large document.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as the internet router and power off the computer

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the internet router, wait 5 minutes then power to the printer, turn it on and the computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please