John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Brother 6490cw. got error code 35. Turned off, turned on

Customer Question

brother 6490cw. got error code 35. Turned off, turned on pressing menu . Got 5A now ??
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Machine error 5A Brother 6490cw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I changed the black cartridge when it was in printing mode. Heard a few clicks as it was trying to print. Error code 35 appeared. Could not turn off machine, unplugged it. It came on. pressed menu. pressed a few times, got error5a
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was prompted that there was an error on my credit card info. I did not continue the order process but I was billed. Please adjust the billing for $5.00 and $18.00