John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Running Windows Mail Home Premium Unable to print emails

Customer Question

Running Windows Mail Home Premium Unable to print emails from Windows Mail
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Lexmark 9575
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: 9 years old PC Windows Vista Home Premium
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just discovered it Nothing happened--computer was sluggish--I restarted it
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

If you try to make a copy on the lexmark, direct from the glass (rather than printing from the computer), how does that come out?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
copies fine
I can print from applications other than Windows Mail for instance Word
When I try to print from Windows Mail printer icon doesn't appear on taskbar & message blank locks up--can only be removed via Task Manager
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Before trying to fix remotely let's see if we can fix without remote connection
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

What you're experiencing is a glitch in the windows home mail client. I'd typically suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it, but none of the components for mail or even vista are supported at all any more and none are available for download.

Have you considered trying to access your mail via a web based client, and printing via the browser, instead?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I could access mail via a web-based client & printing via the browser going forward, but I do need to print emails currently available only on the machine.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 days ago.

If the email account is set up as an imap account (not pop) they should be still available in the history there.

Otherwise, try using the ctrl key + P key to bring up print command, or worst case perhaps you can copy/paste the email content to a word doc and print from there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I've been online with u for almost an hour & we haven't gotten to first base.Time to end chat & stop wasting both our time.