John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Its funny but my computer tells me that it is not on and

Customer Question

Its funny but my computer tells me that it is not on and when i tries to print computer tells me that it is off line. When i reset every thing it prints out a paper stating Connection OK! Another funny thing is that i can print from my cell phone. Via the cellphone it works perfect. It must be a setting within my computer that is wrong at least i think so.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It a bran new factory refurbished. I gat this one because the one i bought stpped recognizing new ink cartridges. The model is MFC-J4620DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, OS10 i believe
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I ainstalled the complete program two days ago, from the CD that i got, everything worked. For one day. Got up this morning and comp told me it was offline
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, i just want it to work the way it did just yessterday I have been trying to figure it out by myself but i cant get the printer to respond except when i print from my cellphone. Both the cell and the computer is connected to the same network
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin8472 replied 3 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Sorry you're having issues - can I connect to your PC and have a look?

Regards

Kevin

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is happening i have been asked for more and more money? I have been put into a waiting roo?
I have been asked if you can connect to my computer? Yes
Then nothing

Your payment has failed, you will need to correct this before we can continue.

Regards

Kevin

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried to do it twice all numbers were correct the first time so i think we will jave to give this up
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

We may be able to solve this without the secure remote connection. If you do want the secure remote connection, then you m ay need to call your bank or credit card, as they probably placed a block on your card.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will. Not call
my bank! Nothing is wrong with my card, just used it!!
This was tje worst place i ever been to.
It started with $5 deposit, tje deeper i got without getting nowhere, increased to $ 18 without getting nowhere the last step gave me i a price of $46. And all you said tjat something is wrong with my card. I have used it both before and after, nothing wrong. So you can forget me for ever
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Whether we continue or not is your choice.

What I said is correct, most of the time it is the bank who blocks online transactions. And if you called, you almost certainly would find out what I said is absolutely correct.

Now as far as you mentioning increases in price. It was never 5$, had you read the page you entered information on it says Clearly 5$ is the initial authorization and the rest would be charged when someone responded to you.

T he fee for remote support is optional, I dont have to co nnect via remote support.. But that means You would have to follow out the steps and suggestions I made.

We could have proceeded via written support alone if you didnt want remote support. I said that clearly was an option as well.

However, you said you want me to forget you forever, so i am opting out.

Happy Thanksgiving, and I wish you the best.

Dustin S