John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Office Jet pro 8620 I got last year has always had

Customer Question

Hi my Office Jet pro 8620 I got last year has always had problems with scanner often taking 10 - 20 attempts to get a scan but lately even when I get a scan it will not save it so I can't email it …what can I do..SAVE button is feint and therefore you can't save it to desktop etc
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Officejet Pro 8620 approx 14 months I think, I got it to replace my previous one that had a failed print head. I have reported scanning problems before and it was never fixed. I have an iMac desktop that it scans to
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: OS Sierra iMac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The saving problem probably 3 weeks but other problems including poor colour for photo printing with HP inks has always been there..a real backwards step from the HP I replaced
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Just scanner and colour print problems
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin T replied 13 days ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 13 days ago.

Can you give me the serial number please?

Regards

Kevin