I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when printing?
Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, ..., 10.9, 10.10, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Please try the following:
1. Click on the Canon website below:
2. There, select / click on the item MG5500 series CUPS Printer Driver...
3. Then download it, and install it.
- Once the installation is successfully finished, then please do the next steps below:
- If there is still any issue, please answer my questions in my previous reply above, so I can troubleshoot the issue further.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,