John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I bought intellifax 400. When i hooked it up it was in sleep

Customer Question

I bought intellifax 400. When i hooked it up it
was in sleep mode. How do i exit sleep mode so i can
program my info in?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Lets try these steps first:

To adjust the Sleep Mode setting, follow these steps:

1. Press Menu and choose General Setup => Ecology => Sleep Time.
  2. Do one of the following:

• Use the keys on the dial pad enter the number of minutes the machine is idle before it enters Sleep Mode. You can enter 00 to 99.
    • To turn Sleep Mode off, follow these steps:

1. Press the START and OPTIONS keys simultaneously.
        The LCD will read "Sleep Mode: On."
      2. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Off.
      3. Go to STEP 3.
  3. Press the OK key.
  4. Press the STOP/EXIT key.

If this doesnt help, let me know and i will find more for you.

(and are you sure that is the correct model)

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin

Were you able to use those steps to take it out of sleep mode?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I should have told you this is not a new mackhine serial #UG60298H4J807435
I verified it is an intellifax 400 manufactured in August 2004.
Expert:  John replied 5 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

If the previous answer did not work, please try the following as well:

STEP 1

Locate the front control panel on your Brother IntelliFax-400. This control panel features a series of buttons as well as an LED "Status" screen.

STEP 2

Press the "MODE" button. This changes the mode on the fax machine.

STEP 3

Continue to press mode until it reaches a setting that is consistent with your current setup. If you are using the Brother IntelliFax-400 on a line by itself, set it to "Fax." If you are using the Brother IntelliFax-400 on a line that also shares a telephone, set it to "Fax/Telephone." If you are using the Brother IntelliFax-400 along with an answering machine, set it to "TAD." Once you set your IntelliFax-400 to the appropriate mode, the unit will leave "Sleep" mode and be ready for use.

If no luck, I recommend to have it serviced by Brother, or buy a new one as repairing it may be not worth it.

====
Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below, I'm happy to discuss further. :) If not, please take a moment to rate my personal answer to you.

=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====