Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Printer isn't working. I get a message saying another

Customer Question

Printer isn't working. I get a message saying another computer is using the printer. I turned it off and back on, but still nothing. I tried making a copy but that function wasn't working either.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you using wireless to connect your computer or are you using usb connection to the printer?

Do you have more than one device hooked up to it such as another computer or phone?

To start, lets go ahead and start with the message and clear it.

Turn off printer. Unplug it from power completely. Hold down the power button for 60 seconds

while off. Then plug printer back in, and turn it on.

Do you still see the message there?

Please reply to continue.

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I cannot do it now as I am leaving for the day. I will try it when I get back.

That is perfectly fine. Just update when you are with your printer

and we will go from there.

Have a great day!

~Franklin

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday. Since yesterday morning, the printer has been working with no problems. So, I won't need the technical support after all. Thank you for your assistance. Am I still going to be charged the $5.00 deposit?
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 12 days ago.

Yes thank you, ***** ***** I hope you too? Great it is working again. I have request a refund for you.

If you have any questions in the future and would like to work with me directly, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site, in the little box on the left side:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

I wish you a great time and remain with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck