John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a new Epson Printer XP 235. To scan a document the

Customer Question

I have a new Epson Printer XP 235. To scan a document the material says to press and hold the two colour and b & W print buttons. I was able to scan one document, but cannot do more. Please help, Beryl
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Yes, I purchased it only two months back from Office Works
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC operating on Microsoft, I think XP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. When I first tried to scan I was waiting for it to be recorded on my document page, which was normal with my previous printer, but this time the scan came through as a PDF in my photos folder
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Everything otherwise is fine. Thanks
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 18 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem with your printer and it´s scanning-problem for you, while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too, because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text based chat instead, just let me know please.

Please reply at the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this!).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Are you still there? I am waiting on you here to help you, please let me know how we should continue. Thank you very much.