Tech_Buddy
Tech_Buddy,
94617175

I have a canon mg5620 printer and I think I have a paper

Customer Question

I have a canon mg5620 printer and I think I have a paper jam. I looked in all the openings but could not see any paperI think this because no paper comes out and the printer makes a machine gun like noise
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tech_Buddy replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Push the Rear Cover until it is closed completely . We get these message sometimes even when we do not have paper jam because of this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi first there is no rear cover to push and now i get 2110 code!!!

Press Ok button and follow the on screen information.

Print with paper in cass. settings

Select if you want to print on the paper loaded in the cassette without changing the paper settings.

For example, when the paper setting for printing or copying is B5 and the cassette paper information registered to the machine is A4, the machine starts printing or copying with B5 on the paper loaded in the cassette.

Replace the paper and print

Select if you want to print after replacing the paper of the cassette.

For example, when the paper setting for printing or copying is B5 and the cassette paper information registered to the machine is A4, you load B5 sized paper in the cassette before you start printing or copying

If the paper settings for printing or copying are different from the cassette paper information registered to the machine then this message gets displayed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i think there is a paper jam. Because, I put the wrong type of paper in it

Yes, Very likely. Please take that paper out and try to print again.

If you get 2110 code ,Then select option Replace the paper and Print because The cassette paper information registration screen is displayed after replacing the paper and inserting the cassette. Register the cassette paper information according to the paper you loaded in the cassette.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've done that a number of times
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
now support code 1250

Okay. so seems 2110 is resolved. Just a min .

It 1250 is caused because of The paper output tray is closed.

Please see the screenshot here .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** printer still doesn"t work. The printer inputs the paper 1/10th of the way then stops. Then I pull the paper out by hand.

You need to hard reset your printer now. Please follow the steps shown in the following tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wSFp5-Xxz8

These are the steps to do it :-

STEP 1

Turn off your computer and wait for it to shut down completely. Then, push the power button on the Canon printer off.

STEP 2

Remove the power cord from the back of the printer. After the power cord has been removed, remove the USB or parallel cable that runs from the printer to the computer. Remove the cable from both the printer and the computer.

STEP 3

Plug the USB or parallel cable in to the back of the printer. Make sure the cable is securely seated. Pull on the cable to make sure it is not loose. Connect the other end of the cable to the computer.

STEP 4

Turn the power button on the printer back on. Wait a few minutes for the printer to power up, then turn the computer back on.

STEP 5

Log on to the computer and click on the "Start" button. Choose "Control Panel" from the menu and select "Printers and Faxes." Double-click the Canon printer and click on the "Printer" menu. Select "Properties" from the menu and click the "Print Test Page" button to send a test page to the printer.

Expert:  Tech_Buddy replied 6 months ago.

Hey Gary !!

Did above work around work for you ? If so please provide your valuable rating to me.