Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My WIFI printer is not printing and it is asking me to

Customer Question

My WIFI printer is not printing and it is asking me to connect to the LAN and unfortunately I do not know where to find or how to do this. I recently had to change the password ***** my Gateway modem from Telstra and think that this may be the cause of the problem
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MG6400 SERIES
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working okay
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not really
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Yes, changing the Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** the issue.

- On the printer's screen, can you please use the Up / Down buttons to select the option WLAN, then press the Left button below the screen

, then when it shows Wireless LAN Setup, then press OK

, then if prompted to press and hold the WPS button, do not press OK button, but press the red Stop / Reset button

, then select option Standard setup, and OK

, then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name, and OK

, then enter the new password ***** prompted, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg6440_printer_wireless_connection_setup/#standard

, there, click on the option Standard USB Connection Method at the top first. Then follow the illustrations / steps there in order to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name with your new wireless password.

- Is there any error or message, or are you stuck at any step?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

How are you? It's been a few days. Do you still need help with the printer issue? And/or do you need help with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,