John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

What is your fees? What if it isn't fixable? It is an old

What is your fees?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Printer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: What if it isn't fixable?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It is an old Epson CX5400. I don't know how old it is in terms of years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 I am printiong from a desk top computer.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Everything was fine and then it just stopped (giving me an error message) I didn't do anything as far as I know.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What about the fee schedule before I agree to anything?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Printer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: If it isn't fixable, do I still pay the fees?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 15 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

What is the error message that is given? Is the message given to you on the computer or on the printer itself?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Printer error....see your documentation and call service if necessary (Message is on the printer...not my desktop) It is an Epson CX5400

Thank you for the update. Does the printer error message give any more details regarding what the problem is?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what is next if we cannot do the Secure Remote Assistance?

Does the printer error message give any more details regarding what the problem is?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No. I have tried all the buttons and nothing happens. I can't even tell the printer that I want to change ink cartridges

Please, unplug the power to the printer, wait five minutes, plug the power back into the printer, and turn it on. When you do that, is there any change?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Unplugged for 5 minutes. Plug back in....same problem persists

I have run out of ideas. It appears that this is a hardware issue that will require you to bring it into a printer repair shop.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have to wait to talk with another agent? What am I to do....check my email every few minutes?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think we should stop here. What are the charges?

Okay. I will send up the request for a full refund. Good day.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I see that you advertise 100% satisfaction. Let the record show that I am not satisfied. Anyone can tell me to unplug the printer and plug it back in and then I need to wait 24 hours for an email. Unacceptable.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you.